Rationale & Vision
During 16th-century Geneva, John Calvin helped cultivate the venerable “company of pastors“—designed to call men to higher standards in ministry, family life, and personal piety. It was a ministerial fellowship that examined biblical and pastoral theology by men who loved the Lord, church, and neighbor.
Nearly 500 years later, the Gospel Reformation Network—in partnership with Twin Lakes Fellowship—seeks to revive the principles of this “company” through smaller companies of pastors.
These groups are designed to provide accountability, friendship, theological sharpening, support in ministry, and encouragement to engage in the work of the denomination. Moreover, attending Twin Lakes Fellowship and General Assembly each year will allow you to grow in ordinary means-of-grace ministry and for you to share your voice at these important venues. Over time, our hope is that this will also have a multiplying effect of increasing the number of faithful and godly ministers in the PCA, so that our beloved denomination might continue to be “faithful to the Scriptures, true to the Reformed faith, and obedient to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.”
For the further benefits of these companies of pastors, please read “Pastor, You Need Other Pastors,” by Dr. Guy Richard.
See also this excellent talk given by GRN Executive Council Member Rev. Jason Helopoulos at a recent GRN Conference: Link
Listen to Executive Council Members Dr. David Strain and Rev. Jason Helopoulos discuss the benefits of joining a GRN Company of Pastors: Link
For questions or more information on joining a GRN Company of Pastors, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions, you. may direct them to GRN General Council Member Rev. George Sayour through the form below. Here is an article George wrote related to the need and benefits of being in a Company of Pastors: God’s Gift of Unity Set to Song.
Must be a PCA Teaching Elder (pastor) and adhere to the commitments listed below.
- Be in agreement with the GRN’s seven distinctives for PCA churches
- Attend a monthly phone and/or Internet call with your Company (recommend Skype or gotomeeting.com)
- Be on a weekly text chat with your group for the purpose of questions, prayer, and encouragement, and be committed to responding in a timely manner.
- Attend General Assembly annually (and meet with your Company)
- Attend the GRN Luncheon at General Assembly
- Attend Twin Lakes Fellowship annually (and meet with your Company)
- Company Size: 6–8
- Companies organized by giftedness, of diverse locations, rapport, and affinity
- One man will be appointed to facilitate the Company and provide limited leadership
*Understanding that one may need to miss an event or a monthly phone call or two.